Master in Education (M. Ed.)
Specialization in Instructional Design and Technology Integration with E-Learning
Offered at the Metro Orlando, South Florida, and Tampa Bay Branch Campuses
The Program in Instructional Design and Technology Integration with E-Learning is designed for the student interested in a career in the area of curricular development with technological integration in private, public and nonprofit educational organizations. The program will serve students with multiple professional interests in education and will provide the students with general and specific competencies that they could apply in their chosen career path.
All students in the program will have to a common core of courses including: E-Learning, Technological Integration and multimedia, development of on-line trainings for businesses, virtual learning communities, assessment of on-line offerings and two final instructional design and technological projects.
The students will have the option of taking courses that provide ample experiences to learn diverse models of instructional design and their applicability in real careers settings. In addition, the students will be able to choose between Instructional Design in the workforce based on the ADDIE model and Instructional Design for the academic area base on the Dick and Cary Model.
The M. Ed. in Instructional Design and Technology Integration with E-Learning will have 18 credit-hours in core requirements, 18 credit-hours in specialization courses with 3 credit-hours in electives for a total of 39 credit-hours.
- Contribute in the development of professionals in the area of instructional design and technological integration with E-Learning. That will assume, with vision and leadership, the management of organizations in the present and in the future.
- Promote the education of a professional with the capacity to understand instructional design and technological integration as part of national and global perspective.
- Train students in the use of technological and communication means for the purpose of integrating them in a strategic way in the development of technological processes in education.
- Develop in students skills of communications, analysis and synthesis and to apply those skills in the process of decision making in educational settings.
- Develop in students a creative and visionary attitude and teach them how to interpret correctly organizational culture and anticipate and foster opportunities for their organizations.
- Promote in students an interest in innovation and use of leadership skills in the integration of technology.
- Collaborate in the development of a professional with technological and strategic vision, with a clear understating of the social responsibility of a leader.
- Prepare students with the skills to identify and use institutional resources to guaranty de development and success of a program.
- Teach students the skills necessary to identify partnerships with local, national and international enterprises that will help their organizations in the achievement of high standards.
- Promote in students an interest of integrating their knowledge in instructional design, technological integration and E-Learning into the highest professional standards in their careers.
- Promote in students an interest in research that contribute in the solution of problems in non-traditional ways in the context of a globalize economy.
- Apply their specialize knowledge in serving the educational needs of adults at all levels and points of their careers.
- Develop in students the knowledge and skills necessary to start their own enterprises and rise in an ethical way to the highest levels of management in private and public enterprises.
- Learn to adapt their knowledge in the field to diverse settings while maintaining the highest standards in the practice of their profession.
- Develop in students the knowledge and skills to practice their profession in an ethical and conscientious way for the benefit of his business and the community in general.
- Contribute in the education of professionals in the field of instructional design, technological integration and E-Learning that will serve effectively to our modern society at the local, national and international levels.
ETEG 500-O Applied Instructional Design Models
ETEG 501-O Fundamental of Educational Technology
ETEG 502-O Fundamentals of Distance Education
ETEG 503-O Curriculum Design and Instructional Design for the Adult Learner
ETEG 504-O Technology Immersions
ETRE 525-O Applied Research
ETEL 600-O E-Learning Technology Integration Multimedia
ETEL 601-O Development of Corporate Virtual Training
ETEL 602-O Distance Education Assessment
ETEL 603-O E-Learning and Virtual Learning Communities
PRTE 630-O Instructional Design and Technological Project I
PRTE 640-O Instructional Design and Technological Project II
ETEL 604-O Applied Instructional Designs for the Corporate World
ETEL 605-O Applied Instructional Designs for the Academy