Masters in Business Administration
Specialization in Finance
This Master’s Degree program in Business Administration is designed to provide the skills, knowledge and abilities necessary in the area of Finance. This specialty is geared towards the fundamental characteristics of a financial manager providing emphasis in the skills and knowledge required in the finance area that will go along with the constant changes in the economy. Also, it will provide knowledge on the use of technology to communicate and handle information and it will develop and enhance the communication skills and the management capabilities of each person.
The standard Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) provides the general technical knowledge in specific areas such as Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, and Marketing. However, it lacks on the specific technical knowledge necessary in the accounting area for the application and execution of techniques, tools and procedures at all technical levels. It will allow the development of professional leaders and managers the accounting knowledge that will efficiently operate in the managerial and accounting area. The MBA in Accounting will provide the accounting knowledge with special interest in the areas and application of technology, innovation, management, global economy and international affairs, among others.
The MBA in Accounting will offer courses in Finance, Management, Accounting, Marketing, and other general management functions with a more detail and specific focus or vision. The students in this program will be able to work in current and new business focusing into the local economy as well as into the international and global economy. In addition, this program will allow the students to utilize the current technology at different management levels and will learn to apply the accounting techniques with the technology to be successful in the current dynamic and multi-cultural economy; the students will learn new technical tools that affect the local and global economy and influence the behavior of the human resources and industries.
Program Objectives/ Outcomes:
- Develop and form new highly skill professionals in the area of Finance with high quality standards in the areas of management and business administration that can take the challenges in the finance field to follow the path and vision of present and future companies.
- Graduates from the MBA in Finance program will be able to acquire the knowledge and experiences necessaries to become leaders in the finance field with high values and ethics.
- Graduates will be able to function in an environment full of uncertainties and growing competition and will have the ability to identify and develop the opportunities in the finance area to adapt and change.
- Graduates will be capable to excel in a constantly changing business world full of new technologies with an increasing demand for globalization as part of a national and international community operating in a dynamic and multi-cultural society.
- Graduates will be able to effectively communicate, analyze, and make decisions to solve problems and implement solutions.
- The program will create professionals with the vision to implement financial techniques to take advantage of new opportunities for the development and growth of a company in the local and global economy.
- Graduates will have the knowledge to incorporate technology and the latest communication tools and techniques to operate and be competitive in the global economy.
- Graduates will know the importance of integrity and ethics in the performance of their functions with special attention to the company’s human resources and the social responsibilities for the entire community.
- The program will provide the knowledge and skills necessary in the finance area to develop and start a new business and achieve the maximum level of success in either the private, public, or non-profit sectors with the highest levels of technology and ethic integrity.
ACCO 500-O Accounting Survey
MANA 501-O Organizational Behavior
ACCO 503-O Managerial and Financial Accounting
STAT 555-O Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
MARK 511-O Marketing Management
ECON 519-O Managerial Economics
FINA 503-O Corporate Finance I
MANA 720-O Operations and Production Management
MANA 600-O Business Policy and Ethics
FINA 610-O Corporate Finance II**
FINA 620-O International Finance
FINA 630-O Investments
FINA 640 -O Public Finance and Fiscal Policies
FINA 650-O Financial Market, Currency and Banking
FINA 670-O Risk and Insurance
FINA 680-O Real Estate Mortgage Financing
FINA 750-O Finance Seminar*
Select 1 course from those not selected from the list above