Masters in Business Administration
Specialization in Human Resources Management
The Graduate Program in Business Administration of the School of Business Administration offers a Master of Business Administration Degree with specializations in Human Resources Management, Management, and Accounting. The Metro Orlando/South Florida/Tampa campuses offer this major in human resources. The program offers an outstanding curriculum which prepares students to effectively and efficiently assume management responsibilities required by today’s organizations.
The academic experience in the program allows students to develop the necessary competencies in the area of Business Administration which will enable them to assume managerial and leadership positions in the public and private sectors. The program also contributes to the student’s formation as persons who are educated and skilled, capable of meeting personal and professional goals, and able and willing to assume social responsibility.
Program Objectives/ Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program students will have:
- Advanced concepts in the different management areas, such as: accounting, marketing, production, statistics, finance, organizational behavior, management information systems, and others which will help him/her in the performance of administrative positions.
- Skills in decision-making, planning, organization, supervision and managerial controls.
- Conceptual, psychomotor and affective skills, related with the new managerial technology.
- Written and verbal skills.
- Attitudes, work habits and skills for interpersonal relations which guarantee personal and professional success.
- Ethic and social conscience, such as to be a competent professional and exemplary citizen.
- Skills in the research process and in the solution of administrative problems.
- Communicate adequately in English and Spanish both orally and in writing.
ACCO 500-O Accounting Survey
MANA 501-O Organizational Behavior
ACCO 503-O Managerial and Financial Accounting
STAT 555-O Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
MARK 511-O Marketing Management
ECON 519-O Managerial Economics
FINA 503-O Corporate Finance I
MANA 720-O Operations and Production Management
MANA 600-O Business Policy and Ethics
MANA 715-O Supervision and Leadership
HURE 700-O Organizational Development and Design
HURE 730-O Compensation and Benefits Administration
HURE 710-O Human Resources Management
HURE 725-O Labor Legislation**
HURE 640-O Collective Bargaining
HURE 750-O Human Resources Seminar** (Mandatory Course)
HURE 720-O Training Design and Methodology
Select 1 course from those not selected from the list above
COIS 505-O Information Systems for Managers
FINA 620-O International Finance
FINA 670-O Risk and Insurance
FINA 630-O Investments
BUSI 605-O Business Research Methods