Masters in Business Administration
Specialization in Management
The Graduate Program in Business Administration of the School of Business Administration at Universidad Metropolitana offers a Master of Business Administration Degree with specializations in Human Resources Management, Management, and Accounting. The program offers an outstanding curriculum which prepares students to effectively and efficiently assume management responsibilities required by today’s organizations.
The academic experience in the program allows students to develop the necessary competencies in the area of Business Administration which will enable them to assume managerial and leadership positions in the public and private sectors. The program also contributes to the student’s formation as persons who are educated and skilled, capable of meeting personal and professional goals, and able and willing to assume social responsibility.
Program Objectives/ Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program students will have:
- Advanced concepts in the different management areas, such as: accounting, marketing, production, statistics, finance, organizational behavior, management information systems, and others which will help him/her in the performance of administrative positions.
- Skills in decision-making, planning, organization, supervision and managerial controls.
- Conceptual, psychomotor and affective skills, related with the new managerial technology.
- Written and verbal skills.
- Attitudes, work habits and skills for interpersonal relations which guarantee personal and professional success.
- Ethic and social conscience, such as to be a competent professional and exemplary citizen.
- Skills in the research process and in the solution of administrative problems.
- Communicate adequately in English and Spanish both orally and in writing.
ACCO 500-O Accounting Survey
MANA 501-O Organizational Behavior
ACCO 503-O Managerial and Financial Accounting
STAT 555-O Statistics for Managerial Decision Making
MARK 511-O Marketing Management
ECON 519-O Managerial Economics
FINA 503-O Corporate Finance I
MANA 720-O Operations and Production Management
MANA 600-O Business Policy and Ethics
INBU 600-O International Business
MANA 700-O Entrepreneurship
MANA 716-O Strategic Planning and Control
HURE 710-O Human Resources Management
MANA 621-O Business Law
MANA 715-O Supervision and Leadership
MANA 750-O Management Seminar* (Mandatory Course)
MANA 603-O Materials Management
BUSI 605-O Business Research Methods
Select 1 course from those not selected from the list above
COIS 505-O Information Systems for Managers
FINA 620-O International Finance
MARK 615-O Advertising and Sales Promotion
FINA 630-O Investments
FINA 670-O Risk and Insurance
ACCO 707-O Federal Income Tax