Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Major in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, with the track RN to BSN option, prepares the registered nurse for additional responsibilities and positions within the healthcare environment. Building on the framework of knowledge, skills and competencies acquired during the pre-licensure nursing program, the coursework will further develop the nurse in providing and leading care to diverse populations across the lifespan.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, the student will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to:
- Apply learned concepts and skills to complex problems and challenges based on knowledge of sciences, cultures, and society.
- Use organizational and system leadership skills to improve quality care and patient safety.
- Integrate evidence-based practice into the care of the patient, community and population.
- Use information management and technology in the care of a diverse population.
- Examine policy, finance, and regulations relative to diverse healthcare environments.
- Incorporate inter-professional communication and collaboration to improve health related outcomes.
- Use knowledge to promote population health and prevent escalation of disease and conditions.
- Demonstrate professionalism in the delivery and leadership of healthcare.
- Integrate the knowledge, skills, and attitudes into the care of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Applicant must be a graduate from a state approved pre-licensure associate or diploma registered nurse program
- Applicant must have a standard high school diploma or its equivalent
- Provide official transcripts from a state approved pre-licensure associate or diploma registered nurse program
- Applicant must hold an unencumbered license as a registered nurse
- Applicant must undergo an admission interview
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point of average of 2.75 on a scale of 4.00
General Education Requirements
To be awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), all applicants must complete the required general education course work prior to starting the nursing concentration courses for the RN to BSN program option. Upon evaluation of official transcripts from the accredited pre-licensure associate or diploma registered nurse program, the student will be transferred credits for the equivalent courses based on the following requirements.